Thursday, July 14, 2011

One who is playfully mischievous

It's times like this when I am reminded I really am a tomboy at heart (underneath the bright nail polish and long hair there's always a men's over sized watch). There's just something about men's style - really well-styled, layered pieces with the just right, discreet details - the button up shirts, flannel, over sized watches, woodsy lodge feeling - I die for every time (let it be known I am also a sucker for a seriously well-fitted suit, with just the right amount of dishevelment). I am currently on the hunt for the perfect set of antlers (sans head) for my humble abode. The style I try to emulate throughout my home, myself and always Mister John, is perfectly encapsulated at Rogues Gallery.

In college I stumbled upon an article in T Magazine about the up and coming Portland t-shirt screen printer and fell in love with his masculine mix of New England prep and down home sea salt dirt on the shores of Maine. There are tons of articles and interviews on Aaron Levine now, but here are some images that stir up my nostalgic notion to wear flannel and pack a picnic lunch in my L.L. Bean Boat and Tote with my handsome, burly, arm-sleeved, bearded sailor.





[images from ACL & Rogues Gallery]



Oh, and how great is their blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment