Wednesday, August 1, 2012

the perfect pancake

[cottage cheese pancakes at lareau farm]
The best thing about staying at the Inn at Lareau Farm was, simply put, breakfast. Man do they know how to throw down a seasonal, home-cooked, mouthwatering meal. Every morning I woke up to the smell of coffee brewing and maple sausage links frying...heavenly, for sure. The second morning we had Cottage Cheese Pancakes, and even the non-cottage cheese lovers became believers. I am telling you people, these pancakes are from the gods (and PACKED with protein, whoop whoop!). Of course I can't wait to get in the kitchen and recreate this meal, and lucky for me my girl over at Smitten Kitchen has already done so. I would also suggest a berry compote to top it off!

Now, about those sausage links...

No comments:

Post a Comment