Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
i know, i left you again. but if you're following along on instagram, it's like a daily blog update in itself.
today this kid turns six. six just sounds so much older than five. five is the land of little boys and cute toddler stuff. but six, six is the real deal. it's a "closed" sign for your bedroom door, shyness when your aunt comes to visit and loving batman instead of elmo. but six is also amazing because you still shriek "i have a red balloon, i have a red balloon" and run around the house with it, and nothing in that moment can make you happier than having a red balloon on your birthday. or really, any day.
so, let's all channel that kind of joy. being six and having a red balloon on your birthday.
happy day to my sweet six year old cooper. i love you more than rock and roll and pizza.
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
- the snack delivery challenge was accepted and it's organic turkish figs for the win! omg they are soooo good, and as much as i love a drive by latte and cookie drop at work, this fits with the gentle cleanse i'm doing. thank you friend!
- *pretty* much sticking to my plan...might be sipping on a decaf iced coffee right now, with almond milk of course.
- got my butt to spin class and sweated out some more sugar and carbs. those suckers are addicting.
- droped the ball on meditating and oil pulling again, but did finally watch catfish like 100 years later. and OMG. i am so late to that party.
- had a moment where i found myself totally stressing about something that really is so not a big deal, and the outcome is out of my control. so i acknowledged it, let it go and moved forward.
Monday, April 7, 2014
in the spirit of preparing to put a damn good and grueling decade behind me, i'm here to check in and show up for the next thirty days. we all know i have one speed - full steam ahead - so why not commit to come back to blogging too?
so, it will be a journal type of setting - documenting the good, bad, ugly, beautiful, kind and generous; for the next thirty days.
first up: monday, april 7
- crappy, rainy cold day.
- boot still on foot (two more weeks).
- four more weeks until i run.
- spin class theme "goodbye". am reminded this is exactly where i need to be at this moment.
- started mini-cleanse to clean up my act...as well as mind and soul.
- surprised my favorite four year old with pink and purple balloons and boa. made her squeal "sanks aunt christin!" best part of my day.
- said "no" to something as to not stretch myself too thin.
- did not meditate (there's always tomorrow).
- found two white hairs in less than 24 hours. mom says they are hairs of wisdom.
- this mug, because it made me smile then and now, even though everything is different.