Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tune in Tuesday

I am never on time, espicially not to a concert. Typically I roll in frantically as the first few notes of the opening song ignite the crowd and I stumble and shove my way to seat, praying that I'm not about to miss my favorite song.

However, my past concert experience was refreshingly the opposite of the above scene. We arrived not only on time, but early! Relaxed with some whiskey while we lounged in our private seating area waiting for the opening act (which I never ever have any expectation for - which is typically why I don't mind being late). But then I heard her voice..and everything changed. I have never been so thankful to be early to a show in my life. May I introduce Nicole Atkins. She's just the lady we've been looking for. Her velvety, raw version of "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" is now on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment