Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chill Out


Today we welcomed a very much needed break from the heat and I finally felt as though I could take a break at lunch and go outside without melting. I ran home for a bite to eat, and in less time than I took me to post this, I made the most yummy and refreshing chilled avocado soup (no cooking required!). I improvised a little since there was no crab in the house and I only was feeding one. So if you want the real deal (which I plan to incorporate into Taco Tuesdays as an appetizer) visit Bon Appetit; my improvised version below!

Chilled Avocado Soup
1 avocado - halved and scooped out
vegetable broth - about one cup
water - about a 1/2 cup
chobani yogurt (fat free) - two spoonfuls
kosher salt - a dash
cholula hot sauce - your preference
fresh cilantro - a few springs

Combine avocado, vegetable broth, water, yogurt and salt in blender/food processor until smooth. I used my Magic Bullet blender, and it worked perfectly. Pour into bowl and top with hot sauce and cilantro. Mine made about two servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment