Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tune in Tuesday

I am by no means on the cutting edge of discovering new music, but I am lucky enough to have befriended the gold-mine-of-know-it-all-take-the-time-to-sort-through-it-while-it's-still-new-i-have-awesome-taste-in-music, Trader Joe. So he does all the dirty work - and I get to reap the benefits of his cautiously curated playlists. Match made in heaven.

[Photo by Robertsen Ashman]


Let me (re)introduce you to: The Head and The Heart. I've been listening to this alubm for a few months now; it was the first little gem Trader Joe enlightened me with when he discoverd that I was an avid Dr. Dog listener. In the same vein as our Philadelphia darlings Dr. Dog, The Head and the Heart have created an album that once again I can listen to from start to finish - soaring harmonies and playful piano with lots of fun twists and turns taking songs where you don't expect them to go. Oh, and did I mention their lyrics rock? While I am in serious like with all the songs on the album, today I particulary dig this one: Lost In My Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment